Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Why Can't I Ride More?

I ride in in the morning, only about 3 1/2 miles.  Ride home.  Whoop de do.  Can't seem to get off my ass after that.  Maybe its the timing, not after work.  But who does it before, and I'm a morning person!  I do wish that on certain days I could ()ust keep going.  Those rides before 8:00 a.m. with the beautiful morning sun, quiet Chicago streets, worker boys, and air in your lungs.  Little gifts in this life of doing for other people (and not in that good way).  I guess its this balance of re-couping by having "down time" and building up by the positivity that comes from a ride.  The pull is stronger to the down time.  Competing priorities--but its also the natural rhythm of a person, a body.  Plus the wine & such pull.  I know giving that up would do could do wonders for a training regimin. Friggin self discipline.  I suck at all of it.  To be honest, that's why I believe so strongly in community.  So, I did ()oin a bike racing team, Method Racing.  Sorry, I need to figure out how to make links and such (and get a new keyboard), but really, you all are resourceful people, I know.  But Method Cycles. . . that's the good energy, and with a little help and dedication supported by others--watch us and see!
ok, I will type out this link cuz these are some awesome fellows:
http://methodracingteam.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment