Monday, May 2, 2011

A ride, the Belgians, diesel fuel and time to go!

Saturday was nice.  Not too far, but it was an 8:00 a.m. ride and ya gotta feel good about that, no matter what.  Bucktown to the silos on Ogden, met the peeps and off to the lakefront.  Wind was at our back going up which meant that with a group spirit, some good peanut butter toast adrenaline energy going on, 22 mph was an easy cruising speed.  Yes, we do need to get me a geared bike!
So, up to Sheridan Rd, where I had to turn back for a denstist appt, and a good duck out for those ready to go the full 60 miles.  Did I mention my team, Method Racing? http://methodracingteam.blogspot.com/
That's the ride.
The Belgians?  Well, that's Philippe Gilbert.  I'm new to the sport of road racing, but I've been a fan of Belgium for a while, even before I knew it was a cycling mecca, so I've adopted it as my in-road and way to follow one arm of cycling.  I don't know enough yet to know if Gilbert is a worthy athlete and person-well, he's a worthy athlete for sure!  To be honest, my fav professional cyclist right now is Tim Johnson, the American cyclocross racer.
Diesel Fuel?  Oh my.  You and you know.  I do not need to drive cars.  
Time to get on the bike!!

No comments:

Post a Comment