Monday, May 9, 2011

Wouter Weylandt - Wow

How can you say anything?  ()ust riding up Damen tonight I'm thinking about all those guys, trying to ride tomorrow.  There will be a somber feeling in the race, no doubt.  I have to admit, this is the first Giro I'm following, and it is indeed epic.  This wasn't the epic I was invisioning.  Oh I flipped through the glossy Leopard-Trek photos when the team was announced.  Only an introduction, I didn't know any of them over another at the time.  Read a bit of this and that, but its all too much to take in for one person to stick over the other, but to hear about the reverberations in the cycling community.  I feel it more.  I know its a loss.  And anytime we lose a cyclist.  Or any tragedy really.  My friend Anna in the hospital this week.
Riders, it will mean all the more.  Wish I could be there cheering you on.  Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment